October 22nd, 2008 Posted in Bingo News

Last week we included a post in our blog to give you all a space to include there your best wishes for our member tonkaalan who stopped receiving the chemo treatment she was going through on the previous week. Today I must inform you that this morning she passed away.

I know this may sound like bad news for most of you, since you appreciated her very much; but you must keep in mind that now she is in heaven enjoying all the delights promised to us human beings…

May her body rest in peace and her spirit live forever!

my-heaven.jpg

Esteban

God bless you Tonka. You fought a brave battle, and are now at peace.We will all miss you dearly at BH,and I am sure your family and anyone who knew you will be grieving with us all here. Rest in Peace my dear friend, Liz(paisleybuddy) xx

paisleybuddy wrote on October 22, 2008 - 11:31 am

My dear dear Becky, when the phone rang this morning I just knew. You were a tough old bird who will be missed terribly. Smile down on me every so often my dear friend. Luvs you!!

andrea (airmom) wrote on October 22, 2008 - 12:12 pm

“The angels are always near to those who are grieving, to whisper to them that their loved ones are safe in the hand of God. ”

We’ll miss you Tonk….

Lilly(perky) wrote on October 22, 2008 - 1:08 pm

Thank you everybody for your letters, emails and support.

You guys are the best online bingo community we could ever ask for.

Sincerely,

Marco

Marco wrote on October 22, 2008 - 2:46 pm

Today I have cried not for Becky who is safe in the hands of the great comforter but because I am selfish and wanted her to be with us a little longer. It is never easy to relinquish what you love and I loved my Tonkaa. I find comfort in these words that I take from God’s word and wanted to share them with her family and the other roomies.

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you.
I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Rest in Paradise Becky my friend.

Granny wrote on October 22, 2008 - 3:01 pm

God Bless You, Tonka. You will be sincerely missed at bingohall and more than welcomed in heaven.

Kathy

KathysSont wrote on October 22, 2008 - 3:09 pm

My dear Becky,
You will be missed in the Bingo Hall. I have missed you more than you know as you have struggled with this Horrible disease. I am glad your family surrounded you and held you as you passed from their arms into the arms of God. I know you are now at peace–a peace you have not known for a while now. May you today shout a loud BINGO at that Bingo game in the sky! We will feel your thrill!!
God Bless you and your family. May they find comfort in the many memories they have stored up.
Love,
MaryJane

IrishElf wrote on October 22, 2008 - 3:33 pm

i only knew you for a short time but your strength and courage inspired me ill miss our chats so much tonka.
my deepest sympathys to your family and all your family at bhl may you finally be at peace.shelley

bingoshelley wrote on October 22, 2008 - 5:56 pm

May God’s love guide you during this time of sorrow, and may you find solace in His care. The ones we love are never gone, they live within our hearts. “Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort.” II Cors. 1:3

sandle wrote on October 22, 2008 - 6:25 pm

A verse for Tonka

Weep not for Tonka now she is dead
for wasted are the tears we shed
Her eyes are dimmed she cannot see
we grieve for her…Remember Tonka as loving and giving and in our hearts she will keep on living.

God bless you my dear friend.

wrenpo wrote on October 22, 2008 - 7:23 pm

My Dear Friend Becky,
I will miss you. You gave me strength when you needed it yourself.I will miss our talks on the phone.My thoughts and prayers go out to your family and friends. Everyone at Bingohall will miss you.I have a little comforting verse for your friends and family: “God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter, without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way”. I will miss you my friend.

Soulofawoman (Hazel) wrote on October 22, 2008 - 10:40 pm

My sweet Tonka,may you grace our heaven above, you will surely be missed on earth. You were a wonderful friend to me and I will never forget you. My tears are for me because I will never be able to chat with you again, but you will always be in my heart.
Love you my friend, Sandy

scaron wrote on October 23, 2008 - 9:49 am

TO MY DEAR FRIEND BECKY’S FAMILY MAY SHE REST IN PEACE AND BECOME ONE OF GOD’S FAVORITE ANGELS

patty wrote on October 23, 2008 - 12:50 pm

Rest in peace our angel.

Ellaymah wrote on October 23, 2008 - 5:44 pm

My sweet dear friend Tonka….I have said prayers for you every since you found out about your cancer and I will always include you in my prayers. You are a wonderful friend and just as wonderful a mother and grandmother. I will miss you but you will always be in my heart. You are one of the good ones and up in heaven with no more pain.

(((((tonka))))))

specialkay wrote on October 23, 2008 - 6:28 pm

Tonk, I will miss seeing you in the chats. It was always great fun having you in the room. I know that now you are at peace and reaping the benefits of a great and good life.

rochester2 wrote on October 23, 2008 - 7:06 pm

This is my fourth visit to the blog, just didn’t know what to say about Tonk, how do I put everything I’m feeling into words. She was always the first person I looked for in chat, I really miss her. As I drove home from work tonite I saw an unusually bright star and smiled to myself and realized that she is still brightening my life. I hope Tonk’s family knows that she was the grandest lady at the bingo hall. My thoughts and prayers are for her family now. baztec

Patti wrote on October 23, 2008 - 9:05 pm

Hi so sorry for your lost , I will miss you tonk , you are with god now I will be praying for your family .

missbyone wrote on October 24, 2008 - 12:07 am

rest in peace tonk ,and prayersto all who knew and loved her.she will be missed at bh.
reneev

reneev wrote on October 24, 2008 - 7:27 am

To mvdf Tonk,
You are in peace mf, no more pain or suffering. May your family find comfort and strength and may your wonderful memories live on forever!
You will be truly missed here at bh but I know u truly are our guardian angel watching over us. Your courage will live on in our hearts forever.

cdk8897 wrote on October 24, 2008 - 8:25 am

To Tonk’s family,
May you all grieve for the flesh that is no longer suffering but may you rejoice in the knowledge that she has found comfort in the arms of the Savior and in your hearts filled with memories.

stsaxton

stsaxton wrote on October 24, 2008 - 9:12 pm

May you rest in peace my dear Tonkaalan. May your family and friends find comfort and remember your smile with the rising of the sun.
Until we meet again…..

Bingabutt wrote on October 25, 2008 - 12:12 pm

To my friends Tonka’s family I will miss her so very much she was a very special person and I am so sorry for your loss of such a wonderful and loving person Marion

momslj wrote on October 29, 2008 - 9:58 am

Tonk you will be missed.Have a great journey. To Tonks family my prayers and thoughts are with you. Rest in peace dear Tonk.
Denise
Iluvbingobob

iluvbingobob wrote on October 29, 2008 - 6:39 pm

Just like baztec, I have been to this blog many times, not knowing what to say. Ashlynn said it best for me… she said but mommy she is with God now in Heaven, and thats a good place to be. To Tonkas family my heartfelt condolences go out to you through this difficult time.

Ginna wrote on October 29, 2008 - 9:36 pm

nitewisp wrote on October 30, 2008 - 5:59 am

Best wishes to your family tonka in their difficult time. may Eric Clapton be playing all your favorites as you kick it at the bingo tables in Heaven. the pain is gone my dear friend! you are deeply missed at our tables but your bright light shines upon us. my love, Deb

nitewisp wrote on October 30, 2008 - 5:59 am

Thank you Tonka even if you are gone i needed you today when I was having a hard day and i thought of you of when you were there for me you would help me with your kind words, so I know you are still there for me in spirt thank you for getting me thur this hard day Tonka stay with me I need you hun
chacha1965

chacha1965 wrote on October 30, 2008 - 11:16 pm

My dear friend Tonk, Today I found out that you have gone to walk with Jesus. I know you fought hard. I am glad your pain has ended. Our conversation are precious memories to me and I will miss you. My prayers are with your family. Rest in Peace, mf.

Kelli